YOUR ALTERNATIVE TO FOOT AND ANKLE SURGERY
There are many traditional surgical procedures that you can receive to help combat chronic foot and ankle pain. Some of the most common are the following:
- Metatarsal surgery-with this surgical procedure, the small joints known as the metatarsophalangeal joints are removed as its’ head. These joints become deformed or damaged because of arthritis or other injuries.
- Ankle Fusion-with ankle fusion, surgeons will remove the damaged ankle join or joints and will fuse the talus bone to the tibia. This type of fusion will fuse the foot at a right angle, in the position it would be if you were standing up. The bones are held together using screws and new bone grows.
- Ankle replacement-when an ankle replacement procedure is performed, the worn-out ends of the tibia and talus bones are removed. In their place, man-made ends made from plastic or metal are inserted.
You may be considering traditional surgical methods to remedy your chronic foot and ankle pain. Before you make any decision, be aware these surgical methods carry significant disadvantages. Perhaps the biggest disadvantage to foot and ankle surgery is the recovery time needed after surgery. In general, recuperation time following surgery requires at least two weeks with the foot and ankle elevated. In some cases, it may be a couple of months before you can put full weight on the ankle and foot.
Another disadvantage of foot and ankle surgery is the fact that some operations may restrict full movement of the joints. In the case of ankle replacements, the artificial parts may wear out over time. In some cases when fusion procedures are performed, the bones can take longer to fuse together than expected. There can be instances where the fusion doesn’t work as it should, and further surgery would be required.
With these disadvantages in mind, stem cell therapy for your foot and ankle issues provide a more viable alternative. Perhaps the biggest benefit to stem cell procedures is the turnaround time. With stem cell therapy, procedures can often be done on the same day. Stem cell procedures are also minimally invasive and don’t require the use of anesthesia. This is great news for those who may fear the effects of anesthesia.
Because stem cell treatment utilizes the biologics that are already in your body, there is no risk of communicable disease transmission. Most importantly, stem cell therapies for feet and ankles require a much shorter recuperation time when compared to traditional surgical methods. This means that you can get back to the activities you love much sooner.
FINDING A STEM CELL CLINIC NEAR YOU
Stem cell therapy has many advantages, and with increased research the number of stem cell clinics have exploded nationwide. This therapy procedure is attractive, but before you commit to any procedure you must do your homework. With a lot of stem cell therapy options readily available, you may feel overwhelmed at your choices.
You are no doubt concerned knowing whether the doctors and staff at these clinics are experienced, knowledgeable and will consider your needs. When you are looking for a stem cell clinic, keep the following points in mind during your search.
- First and foremost, the stem cell clinic you are looking at must have the proper accreditation. Look for a facility with IRB (Institutional Review Board) Approval. Providers also need to be fully trained and engage in continuous education to keep up with advances in stem cell therapy techniques for back and spine injuries.
- You need to beware of stem cell clinics that claim they can treat a variety of chronic conditions with just one cell type. Be wary of those clinics that claim they can treat your foot and ankle injury with cells that are in a part of your body that is different than the areas that need to be treated. Treatment staff at reputable stem cell clinics always perform a comprehensive and thorough evaluation to see if a certain procedure will truly effective in treating your foot and ankle condition.
- Reputable stem cell clinics regularly publish data regarding the efficacy of their treatments. Stem cell therapies are created through a long and difficult process. Facilities need to report how treatments are impacting a person’s quality of life. They also need to show they are improving stem cell treatments for the foot and ankle. Facilities that don’t report on the efficacy of their treatments most likely have protocols that are ineffective and can do you more harm than good.
- Most importantly, treatment centers that state that stem cells are a cure are misleading you. The reality is that no treatment procedure is 100% effective. Look for a stem cell clinic that sets realistic expectations and continually works toward improving their services. The bottom line is that reputable clinics strive to improve the quality of life for all their patients. Treatment facilities that are concerned more with profits and their bottom line need to be avoided.
With these factors to consider among others, knowing who to contact to help you find the stem cell therapy center that is right for your needs can be a daunting task. Without the proper support and guidance, you may get more than what you bargained for, and you may receive poor quality of care. Luckily, the experienced professionals Stem Cell Authority can help you. We work with only the best stem cell therapy centers nationwide.
From your initial phone call and consultation all the way through to the final admission to a stem cell clinic, Stem Cell Authority work with you every step of the way. Stem Cell Authority will provide the support and encouragement you need to make the best decision for the health of your foot and ankle. Our bottom line is to help you overcome your pain and help you return to the life you love.
Don’t wait another minute to deal with your chronic foot and ankle pain or injury; call Stem Cell Authority toll-free today!