YOUR ALTERNATIVE TO HAND AND WRIST SURGERY
There are many traditional surgical procedures that you can receive to help combat chronic hand and wrist pain. Some of the most common are the following:
- Tendon Repair-if a tendon in the hand ruptures, surgeons will take undamaged flexor tendons and graft them onto the injured portions. If there are patches of rough bones which may have caused the rupture, those patches will need to be smoothed out.
- Wrist Fusion-for this surgery, surgeons will fuse or fix to the bones in the hand. With fusion procedures, it aims to reduce pain and increases strength.
- Wrist Joint Replacement-also known as a total wrist arthroplasty, the degenerated parts of the wrist bones are replaced with a combination metal and polyethylene components.
- Ganglion Removal-when there is a hand or wrist injury, it can cause leaking of synovial fluid which helps to lubricate joints and tendons. Thick and sticky, this fluid can pool and create ganglions which can become painful and can significantly restrict movement. With this surgical procedure, these fluid pools are removed allowing movement.
- Trapeziectomy-the trapezium is the bone located that the base of the thumb. For those who suffer from arthritis, movement can become severely restricted. In worst case scenarios, a trapeziectomy may be performed in which the trapezium is removed.
For those looking to surgery for relief for their hand and wrist pain, there are disadvantages to these procedures. Many surgical procedures for the hand and wrist can end up restricting movement. For those looking at joint replacement surgery, metal and polyethylene components can often wear out over time. Additionally, since these surgical procedures take place in small areas with little margin for error, surgical procedures can damage the surrounding nerves and tendons. Most importantly, surgical procedures for the hand and wrist often requires extended recuperation time.
If you are looking for alternatives to traditional surgical procedures, stem cell therapy for your hand and wrist can be an attractive alternative. The main benefits of stem cell treatments for hand and wrist are the following:
- Turnaround time-Unlike surgical procedures, stem cell therapy for the hand and wrist has a shorter turnaround time. Oftentimes, stem cell procedures can be done on the same day.
- Minimally Invasive– stem cell therapy for the hand and wrist is minimally invasive procedure.
- Shorter Recovery Time-because this procedure is using your body’s stem cells for repair and restoration, there is a shorter recovery time which can allow you to engage in the activities you love sooner.
- No Anesthesia Required-a huge advantage of stem cell procedures for the hand and wrist is that no anesthesia is needed.
- No Risk of Communicable Disease Transmission-since these procedures are using your own biologic material, there is no risk of communicable disease transmission. Additionally, the risk for infection seen in traditional surgical methods also decreases.
FINDING A STEM CELL CLINIC NEAR YOU FOR YOUR HAND AND WRIST INJURIES
Given these benefits, stem cell treatment deserves a deeper look. With the explosion of stem cell clinics nationwide, there are numerous options that are laid out before you. If you are considering stem cell therapy for your hand and wrist injury or chronic hand and wrist pain, you may feel overwhelmed with the options that lay in front of you.
In addition to knowing how effective stem cell treatments can be with your injury, you also are concerned knowing whether the doctors and staff at stem cell clinics are experienced, knowledgeable and above all ethical in their practice. What do you need to know to help make your search less stressful? The following checklist will help you in your search:
First and foremost, the stem cell clinic you are looking at must have the proper accreditation. Look for a facility with IRB (Institutional Review Board) Approval. Under IRB accreditation rules, providers need to be fully trained and engage in continuous education to keep up with advances in stem cell therapy techniques for the different types of hand and wrist injuries.
Secondly, you need to steer clear of clinics claiming they can treat a variety of chronic conditions with just one stem cell type. Be cautious of stem cell treatment facilities clinics claiming they can treat your hand and wrist injury with stem cells that are in a part of your body that is different than the areas in your hand and wrist that need to be treated. The doctors and staff at reputable stem cell clinics always perform a comprehensive and thorough evaluation to see if a certain procedure will truly effective in treating your hand and wrist condition. If a certain procedure will not be beneficial for your injury, they will present other viable options and may even refer you elsewhere.
Additionally, the best stem cell clinics regularly publish data regarding the effectiveness of their treatments. Not surprisingly, stem cell therapies are created through a long and difficult process. The best facilities for stem cell treatment regularly report how their treatments are impacting a person’s overall quality of life. They also need to show they are improving stem cell treatments for hand and wrist injury. If stem cell facilities are not reporting on the quality of their treatments, the treatments themselves are more likely ineffective and can do you more harm than good.
Most importantly, treatment centers that state that stem cells are a cure are misleading you. The reality is that no treatment procedure is 100% effective. Look for a stem cell clinic that sets realistic expectations and continually works toward improving their services. The bottom line is that reputable clinics strive to improve the quality of life for all their patients. Treatment facilities that are concerned more with profits and their bottom line need to be avoided.
With these factors to consider, you may not know who to contact to help you find the stem cell therapy center that is right for your needs. Luckily, the experienced and compassionate professionals at Stem Cell Authority can help you. With years of experience in the stem cell therapy field, our compassionate staff has intimate knowledge of this emerging therapy. We work with only the best stem cell therapy centers nationwide, and we can find the right clinic that is best suited for your unique and specific needs.
Stem Cell Authority work with you every step of the way. Stem Cell Authority will provide the support you need to make the best decision for the health of your hand and wrist. Our bottom line is to help you overcome your pain and help you return to the life you love. Don’t wait another minute to deal with your chronic hand and wrist pain or injury; call Stem Cell Authority toll-free today.