YOUR ALTERNATIVE TO SHOULDER SURGERY
There are many traditional surgical procedures that you can receive to help combat chronic shoulder pain. Some of the most common are the following:
- Total Shoulder Replacement-This involved surgery involves the replacement of both sides of the joint, namely the humeral head (ball) and the glenoid (socket). The ball end is metal and is attached to a stem which is secured within the canal of the socket. This is secured into the native glenoid which is contained in the scapular or shoulder blade.
- Partial Shoulder Replacement-A partial shoulder replacement may be necessary if the patient suffers from arthritis or has suffered a traumatic injury to the shoulder. Those who play sports such as tennis can place a great deal of wear and tear on the shoulder joint.
- Rotator Cuff Surgery-with rotator cuff surgery, the patient is put in a half-sitting position with their head firmly supported. The surgeon will reattach the damaged tendon, which is the stringy tissue that connects muscle to bone.
While these shoulder surgery procedures can be effective and last for decades, they have a downside. First and foremost, shoulder surgery requires the use anesthesia to a certain degree. The use of anesthesia can create a slight risk of stroke, pneumonia or blood clots. Additionally, not everyone will react favorably to anesthesia and may not like the side effects. Secondly, shoulder surgery can result in damage to the adjacent nerves which can further complicate movement and motion.
Additionally, there can be the possibility that the shoulder can become infected during surgical procedures. For those who choose surgical options to repair the shoulder, a common disadvantage is shoulder stiffness. Even with positive outcomes, patients can experience some degree of stiffness and immobility which impacts range of motion.
If you are looking for alternatives to surgery, stem cell therapy for your shoulder can be an attractive alternative to traditional surgical procedures. The main benefits of stem cell treatments for shoulder are the following:
- Turnaround time-Unlike surgical procedures, stem cell therapy for the shoulder has a shorter turnaround time. Oftentimes, stem cell procedures can be done on the same day.
- Minimally Invasive– stem cell therapy for the shoulder is minimally invasive procedure.
- Shorter Recovery Time-because this procedure is using your body’s stem cells for repair and restoration, there is a shorter recovery time which can allow you to engage in the activities you love sooner.
- No Anesthesia Required-a huge advantage of stem cell procedures for the shoulder is that no anesthesia is needed.
- No Risk of Communicable Disease Transmission-since these procedures are using your own biologic material, there is no risk of communicable disease transmission. Additionally, the risk for infection seen in traditional surgical methods also decreases.
Finding a Stem Cell Clinic Near You
If you are considering stem cell therapy for your shoulder injury or chronic shoulder pain, you may feel overwhelmed with the options that lay in front of you. In addition to knowing how effective stem cell treatments can be with your injury, you also are concerned knowing whether the doctors and staff at stem cell clinics are experienced, knowledgeable and above all ethical in their practice. The following checklist will help you in your search:
First and foremost, the stem cell clinic you are looking at must have the proper accreditation. Look for a facility with IRB (Institutional Review Board) Approval. Under IRB accreditation rules, providers need to be fully trained and engage in continuous education to keep up with advances in stem cell therapy techniques for the different types of shoulder injuries.
Secondly, you need to steer clear of clinics claiming they can treat a variety of chronic conditions with just one stem cell type. Be cautious of stem cell treatment facilities clinics claiming they can treat your shoulder injury with stem cells that are in a part of your body that is different than the areas in your shoulder that need to be treated. The doctors and staff at reputable stem cell clinics always perform a comprehensive and thorough evaluation to see if a certain procedure will truly effective in treating your shoulder condition. If a certain procedure will not be beneficial for your injury, they will present other viable options and may even refer you elsewhere.
Additionally, the best stem cell clinics regularly publish data regarding the effectiveness of their treatments. Not surprisingly, stem cell therapies are created through a long and difficult process. The best facilities for stem cell treatment regularly report how their treatments are impacting a person’s overall quality of life. They also need to show they are improving stem cell treatments for shoulder injury. If stem cell facilities are not reporting on the quality of their treatments, the treatments themselves are more likely ineffective and can do you more harm than good.
Most importantly, treatment centers that state that stem cells are a cure are misleading you. The reality is that no treatment procedure is 100% effective. Look for a stem cell clinic that sets realistic expectations and continually works toward improving their services. The bottom line is that reputable clinics strive to improve the quality of life for all their patients. Treatment facilities that are concerned more with profits and their bottom line need to be avoided.
With these factors to consider, you may not know who to contact to help you find the stem cell therapy center that is right for your needs. Luckily, the experienced and compassionate professionals at Stem Cell Authority can help you. We work with only the best stem cell therapy centers nationwide, and we can find the right clinic that is best suited for your needs.
From your first phone call through to the final admission, Stem Cell Authority work with you every step of the way. Stem Cell Authority will provide the support you need to make the best decision for the health of your shoulder. Our bottom line is to help you overcome your pain and help you return to the life you love.
Don’t wait another minute to deal with your chronic shoulder pain or injury; call Stem Cell Authority toll-free today. Start your journey to a pain-free future right now.