Shoulder injuries are very common, and can be one of the most debilitating injuries. The shoulder is a body part that allows a wide range of motion. When you experience pain and discomfort, it can significantly hamper your day-to-day life. To find relief from shoulder pain, you may consider traditional procedures such as epidural injections or invasive surgical procedures. While these procedures and tried and true, you may want to consider alternative methods that will increase your chances of long-term recovery. An increasing number of people are turning to stem cell therapy for shoulder injuries.
Stem cell treatments for the shoulder uses your own cells to help heal your injured shoulder, as well as other areas of your body. If you interested in learning how stem cell treatments can help you, this article will provide the necessary information you need to make your decision. If you are considering stem cell treatments for shoulder pain, contact the professionals at Stem Cell Authority. We can help you find the right stem cell clinic that fits your specific needs.
WHY STEM CELLS FOR SHOULDER INJURIES?
You may believe this or not, but your body can heal itself.
Stem cells are one of the body’s natural healing agents. The stem cells in your body have the special ability to transform into other cell types. Because of this ability, stem cells can help heal injuries throughout your body. While stem cells are invaluable in their healing properties, the ability for stem cells to form in your body diminishes as you age. Stem cell therapy for shoulder injuries is a process that helps your body regenerate these cells to help you become healthy.
With stem cell therapy procedures, doctors extract stem cells from other areas of your body. These healthy and vital cells are then concentrated and then re-introduced to your shoulder. With the introduction of healthy stem cells, injuries can heal naturally and at a quicker rate. When compared to traditional shoulder surgery procedures, stem cell therapy for the shoulder is less invasive. Additionally, these procedures can often be performed as a same day procedure.
The benefits of stem cell procedures for your shoulder are enormous. Not only does stem cell therapy speed up the healing process, it reduces pain and decreases the need for often expensive (and potentially dangerous) medications. Additionally, Stem cell therapy aids in increasing the range of motion, which is crucial for the shoulder to perform at an optimal level. Most importantly, stem cell procedures for the shoulder can help you return to a normal life and doing the things you love doing—all in a shorter timeframe
Stem cell therapy is also beneficial for the healing of wounds and incisions following surgical procedures as well as for treating pancreatic disorders, a wide range of cardiovascular diseases as well as auto immune diseases.
Are you interested in learning more about stem cell therapy for your shoulder? Call the professionals at Stem Cell Authority toll-free today. Our dedicated team of professionals will work with you in finding the clinic and stem cell therapies for your shoulder that are best suited for your unique and specific needs.
COMMON SHOULDER INJURIES THAT STEM CELL THERAPY WOULD TREAT
The shoulder is a complex mechanism. With its network of bones and tendons, it allows you the fullest range in motion. However, this freedom of motion often comes with a price. With so many moving parts, the risk of developing a shoulder injury can be greater in relation to other parts of the body. While shoulder injuries are often related to athletic activity, but they also can occur recreationally, on the job and even during casual activity at home.
Whether If you suffer from shoulder pain due to regular activity, a past nagging injury that hasn’t completely healed, arthritis, sports activities, or due to an accident, stem cell therapy for the shoulder will significantly increase the odds for a full and long-lasting recovery. Stem cell treatments for the shoulder can help alleviate pain and discomfort for the following conditions:
- Rotator Cuff Injury-this common injury occurs to the area of the shoulder where the ball end of the upper arm bone meets the shallow socket of the shoulder. The rotator cuff can become inflamed or injured through repetitive motions. This occurs both through sports activity or through one’s employment.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis-This condition is commonly seen in those who use their arms overhead for sports such as baseball and tennis. This type of tendonitis is also seen in those who perform activities such as painting or construction.
- Dislocated Shoulder-simply put, a dislocated shoulder occurs when the upper arm bone pops out of the shoulder socket. When this occurs, people can experience general weakness in the shoulder as well as numbness or tingling.
- SLAP Tear-Otherwise known as a Superior Labrum Anterior and Posterior tear, this injury happens to the top (superior) part of the labrum. The biceps tendon attaches to the labrum in the superior area. This type of tear occurs in both the front (anterior) and back (posterior) of this attachment point. SLAP tears are common in athletes who participate in sports such as baseball and tennis.
- Frozen Shoulder-commonly known as adhesive capsulitis, this condition is marked by increased stiffness and pain of the shoulder.
- Shoulder Arthritis-also known as osteoarthritis of the shoulder, the cartilage becomes worn and frayed due to years of wear and tear. As the protective space between shoulder bones decrease, bones and joints rub together causing increased pain and decreased range of movement
Stem cell treatment for shoulder problems can help provide long-term relief. Experienced medical personnel can extract healthy cells from around or near the injured shoulder. Specifically-trained personnel will perform a thorough and comprehensive evaluation to create a stem cell treatment program that will have the greatest benefit for you given your specific needs.
YOUR ALTERNATIVE TO SHOULDER SURGERY
There are many traditional surgical procedures that you can receive to help combat chronic shoulder pain. Some of the most common are the following:
- Total Shoulder Replacement-This involved surgery involves the replacement of both sides of the joint, namely the humeral head (ball) and the glenoid (socket). The ball end is metal and is attached to a stem which is secured within the canal of the socket. This is secured into the native glenoid which is contained in the scapular or shoulder blade.
- Partial Shoulder Replacement-A partial shoulder replacement may be necessary if the patient suffers from arthritis or has suffered a traumatic injury to the shoulder. Those who play sports such as tennis can place a great deal of wear and tear on the shoulder joint.
- Rotator Cuff Surgery-with rotator cuff surgery, the patient is put in a half-sitting position with their head firmly supported. The surgeon will reattach the damaged tendon, which is the stringy tissue that connects muscle to bone.
While these shoulder surgery procedures can be effective and last for decades, they have a downside. First and foremost, shoulder surgery requires the use anesthesia to a certain degree. The use of anesthesia can create a slight risk of stroke, pneumonia or blood clots. Additionally, not everyone will react favorably to anesthesia and may not like the side effects. Secondly, shoulder surgery can result in damage to the adjacent nerves which can further complicate movement and motion.
Additionally, there can be the possibility that the shoulder can become infected during surgical procedures. For those who choose surgical options to repair the shoulder, a common disadvantage is shoulder stiffness. Even with positive outcomes, patients can experience some degree of stiffness and immobility which impacts range of motion.
If you are looking for alternatives to surgery, stem cell therapy for your shoulder can be an attractive alternative to traditional surgical procedures. The main benefits of stem cell treatments for shoulder are the following:
- Turnaround time-Unlike surgical procedures, stem cell therapy for the shoulder has a shorter turnaround time. Oftentimes, stem cell procedures can be done on the same day.
- Minimally Invasive– stem cell therapy for the shoulder is minimally invasive procedure.
- Shorter Recovery Time-because this procedure is using your body’s stem cells for repair and restoration, there is a shorter recovery time which can allow you to engage in the activities you love sooner.
- No Anesthesia Required-a huge advantage of stem cell procedures for the shoulder is that no anesthesia is needed.
- No Risk of Communicable Disease Transmission-since these procedures are using your own biologic material, there is no risk of communicable disease transmission. Additionally, the risk for infection seen in traditional surgical methods also decreases.
Finding a Stem Cell Clinic Near You
If you are considering stem cell therapy for your shoulder injury or chronic shoulder pain, you may feel overwhelmed with the options that lay in front of you. In addition to knowing how effective stem cell treatments can be with your injury, you also are concerned knowing whether the doctors and staff at stem cell clinics are experienced, knowledgeable and above all ethical in their practice. The following checklist will help you in your search:
First and foremost, the stem cell clinic you are looking at must have the proper accreditation. Look for a facility with IRB (Institutional Review Board) Approval. Under IRB accreditation rules, providers need to be fully trained and engage in continuous education to keep up with advances in stem cell therapy techniques for the different types of shoulder injuries.
Secondly, you need to steer clear of clinics claiming they can treat a variety of chronic conditions with just one stem cell type. Be cautious of stem cell treatment facilities clinics claiming they can treat your shoulder injury with stem cells that are in a part of your body that is different than the areas in your shoulder that need to be treated. The doctors and staff at reputable stem cell clinics always perform a comprehensive and thorough evaluation to see if a certain procedure will truly effective in treating your shoulder condition. If a certain procedure will not be beneficial for your injury, they will present other viable options and may even refer you elsewhere.
Additionally, the best stem cell clinics regularly publish data regarding the effectiveness of their treatments. Not surprisingly, stem cell therapies are created through a long and difficult process. The best facilities for stem cell treatment regularly report how their treatments are impacting a person’s overall quality of life. They also need to show they are improving stem cell treatments for shoulder injury. If stem cell facilities are not reporting on the quality of their treatments, the treatments themselves are more likely ineffective and can do you more harm than good.
Most importantly, treatment centers that state that stem cells are a cure are misleading you. The reality is that no treatment procedure is 100% effective. Look for a stem cell clinic that sets realistic expectations and continually works toward improving their services. The bottom line is that reputable clinics strive to improve the quality of life for all their patients. Treatment facilities that are concerned more with profits and their bottom line need to be avoided.
With these factors to consider, you may not know who to contact to help you find the stem cell therapy center that is right for your needs. Luckily, the experienced and compassionate professionals at Stem Cell Authority can help you. We work with only the best stem cell therapy centers nationwide, and we can find the right clinic that is best suited for your needs.
From your first phone call through to the final admission, Stem Cell Authority work with you every step of the way. Stem Cell Authority will provide the support you need to make the best decision for the health of your shoulder. Our bottom line is to help you overcome your pain and help you return to the life you love.
Don’t wait another minute to deal with your chronic shoulder pain or injury; call Stem Cell Authority toll-free today. Start your journey to a pain-free future right now.